Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) in the Bible

Book of Isaiah Chapter 29 Verse 12
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned

Book of Solomon Chapter 5 Verse 16
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.
(the translation of the above verse from Hebrew Bible actually mentions the name of Our beloved Muhammed(PBUH) It reads as He is Muhammedim, He is altogether lovely….)(Also there have been various studies regarding the translation of Original Bible (Aramaic or Hebrew) into Greek and one study has even concluded that the standard version of Bible has more that 35,000 errors or deliberate misinterpretation.)

Deuteronomy Chapter 18 Verse 18
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Gospel of Matthew Chapter 5 Verse 17, 18 and 19
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Gospel of John Chapter 14 Verse 16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Gospel of John Chapter 15 Verse 26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Gospel of John Chapter 16 Verse 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
(Here a Christian will say that Jesus PBUH) is referring to The Holy Spirit but the answer is that The Holy Spirit was there when Jesus(PBUH) came and The Holy Spirit was there when Jesus(PBUH) was baptised. Here Jesus PBUH) is clearly speaking of someone who has not already come He will come after Jesus (PBUH) has left.)

Gospel of John Chapter 16 Verse 12, 13, 14 and 15
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

There are a number of remaining references to Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, in the Bible, one where he is even mentioned by name in the original Hebrew

Song of Songs 5:9-16
"Cheeko mame tah kim, vechulo Mohamadim." This means "His language is most sweet, and he is Muhammad." In the English translations of the Bible, Muhammad's name is translated as "altogether lovely".”